Instruction to Authors
Submission of the Manuscripts
Manuscripts submitted for publication should describe original work, not previously published elsewhere, totally or partly. They must be submitted only in English with a cover letter and should be written according to sound grammar and proper terminology. Submission is only acceptable via Journal URL: http://jz.nkums.ac.ir.
The Peer Review System
Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by the editorial board. Manuscripts qualifying for peer review are sent to at least two peer-reviewers. The corresponding author will receive all editorial communications regarding to the status of the manuscript, revisions, and reviews.
The manuscript should be typed, double- space, with 2.5 cm margins. Use footnote only in tables and figures, not to elaborate on the article text. Abbreviations and/or acronyms should be spelled out in full and abbreviated in parentheses on first use in the text. The paper should include title, abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, acknowledgements and references.
- 1. The Title: It should be a brief phrase describing the contents of the paper. The Title Page should include the authors’ full names and affiliations, the name of the corresponding author along with phone, fax and e-mail information.
- 2. Abstract: It should be structured for original articles providing background, methods, results and conclusion and should not be more than 250 words. Three to five keywords selected from the Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) should be added to the end of the summary.
- 3. Introduction: It should present the purpose and the rational of the study and their relationship to earlier work in the field. It should neither be an extensive review of the literature nor should it have data or conclusion of the study.
- 4. Materials and Methods: It should follow the introduction and include exact method, observation and experiment.
- 5. Results: It should be presented in the form of text, tables, figures and illustrations.
- 6. Discussion: It should focus on the interpretation of the results rather than a repetition of the “Results” section. Emphasize the new and important aspects of the study and the conclusions that follow from them. It must be mentioned whether the hypothesis mentioned in the article is true, false or no conclusions can be derived.
- 7. Acknowledgement: All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be covered in this section. It includes all institutions or persons who provided financial, collaborative or other support for the study.
- 8. References: They should be in the Vancouver Style. The entries are listed in the same numerical order as in the text. Journal titles should be abbreviated according to the Index Medicus. In the case of more than 6 authors, first three authors are listed; thereafter add "et al." after the third author. Authors are responsible for accurate reference and citation information and style. Citation Examples:
Journal: Author (last name) AB (initials), Author BB, Author CC. Title of Article. Journal name. Year; volume: page numbers.
Alavinia S, Arzamani K, Reihani M, Jafari J. Some epidemiological aspects of cutaneous leishmaniasis in northern khorasan province, Iran. Iran J Arthropod Borne Dis. 2009; 3(2):50-4.
Book: Author AB, Author BB, Author CC. Title of Book. Edition, Volume, Publisher, City, year.
Rothman K, Greenland S, Lash T. Modern Epidemiology. 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2008.
Web site: Systematic Catalog of Culicidae. 2001. Available at: http://www.mosquitocatalog.org/
Electronic journal article: Author AB, Author BB, Author CC. Title of Article. Journal name. Date; Available from:
Merchant AT, Mahshid D, Behnke-Cook D, Anand SS. Diet, physical activity, and adiposity in children in poor and rich neighbourhood: a cross-sectional comparison. Nutr J. 2007; 6[accessed 10 jul 2008]. Available from: http://www.nutritionj.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-6-1.pdf.
Tables: They should be numbered sequentially as they appear in the text. In limited numbers, they should be submitted with the captions placed above with normal style without any colored row or column. Do not submit tables as photograph. Place explanatory matters in footnotes, not in the heading.
Figures: They should be in limited numbers, with high quality art work and mounted on separate pages. All figures should be numbered sequentially as they appear in the text and captioned. The captions should be placed below. The same data should not be presented in tables, figures and text, simultaneously.
Abbreviations and Symbols: Use only standard abbreviations. Avoid using them in the title and abstract. The full term for which an abbreviation stands should precede its first use in the text unless it is a standard unit of measurement.
Ethics: The relevant Ethics committee/institution review boards of the respective institutions must approve the study. Informed consent of the patients participating in the study should be undertaken.
Conflicts of interest: Submitting a manuscript must be accompanied with a statement from the authors disclosing all financial and personnel relationship that might bias their work, if any. Besides, they are requested to evident whether impending conflicts do or do not exist. A separate page should cover this proclamation and if there are further details, could be mentioned in covering letter. If an organization encompasses any financial interest in the outcome of the study, the authors are appealed to provide a declaration that have full access to all the data in the study and take complete responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
Page Charges: There are no charges for publication in this Journal.
Copyright: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Un-ported License which allows users to read, copy, distribute and make derivative works for non-commercial purposes from the material, as long as the author of the original work is cited properly.
Disposal of Material: Once published, all copies of the manuscript, correspondence and artwork will be held for 6 months before disposal.
Free Issues: The corresponding author will be supplied with two free issues.
- The sole responsibility for the whole contents of the paper (views and statements) remains only to the authors).
- The Editorial Board of the journal, reserves the right to accept or reject the article in any stage and any time or delete a part of the text, tables or figures, if necessary.