(Cesarean Section, C-section, Cesarean Birth)
What is a cesarean delivery?
Cesarean delivery (also called a cesarean section or C-section) is the surgical delivery of a baby by an incision through the mother's abdomen (belly) and uterus(womb). This procedure is done when it is determined to be a safer method than a vaginal delivery for the mother, baby, or both.
In a cesarean delivery, an incision (cut) is made in the skin and into the uterus at the lower part of the mother’s abdomen. The incision in the skin may be vertical (longitudinal) or transverse (horizontal), and the incision in the uterus may be vertical or transverse.
A transverse incision extends across the pubic hairline, whereas, a vertical incision extends from the navel to the pubic hairline. A transverse uterine incision is used most often, because it heals well and there is less bleeding. Transverse uterine incisions also increase the chance for vaginal birth in a future pregnancy. However, the type of incision depends on the conditions of the mother and the fetus.
Reasons for the procedure
There are several conditions which may make a cesarean delivery more likely. These include, but are not limited to:
- Abnormal fetal heart rate.
- Abnormal position of the fetus during birth.
- Labor that fails to progress or does not progress normally.
- Baby is too large to be delivered vaginally.
- Placental complications.
- Certain maternal medical conditions.
- Active herpes lesions in the mother’s vagina or cervix.
- Twins or other multiples.
- Previous cesarean delivery.
There may be other reasons for your doctor to recommend a cesarean delivery.
Duration of hospitalization
Duration of hospitalization a cesarean section in our hospital is one day and also the price of that is 2800$ .
Procedure of reception and discharge
Performing treatment is a professional job which makes the patient to take the physician choice and place of treatment into consideration in order to achieve a suitable treatment.
Making your decision to choose us as the hospital to take over your treatment, inform us in writing via fax or e-mail or phone through our IPD (International patient department ) (contact us) so we can consider your request, arrange medical procedure timetable and advise you on the required pre-therapeutic measures.
You can start your contact by referring to inquiry.
1) To send your inquiry, our email address as well as telephone & fax numbers for the IPD section of the hospital, can be found in contact us.
2) After you are informed and your treatment timetable was in accordance with your request, the IPD (International patient department) will inform you of the further steps and methods of payment and appointment time with physician and the place of contract conclusion.
The following documents are necessary for hospitalization and discharge of patients:
1-Health insurance card ( for patients who has it)
2- ID card or passport (Note: The first thing to do is to get a passport and/or make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months).
3- The original of admission order of physician ( for patients who has it)
4- The presence of parent ( father or paternal grandfather)
5- The presence of husband for hysterectomy.
The IPD staff helps you in duration of hospitalization and informs you to have a better treatment in this hospital.
We thank you for the choice you have made and we insure you that we have considered all domestic and international legal tactics to make your effective treatment within reach, so that you can only concentrate on your complete improvement.